Sunday, October 24, 2010

Where the Hell Are My Keys?

Stop laughing, you know the feeling!  My blood pressure raises as I trace my steps determined to figure out where they are hiding. Life's clock ticks away and precious time is wasted as I search. No doubt I will be late again to my destination. 

Let's see, did I leave them on the coffee table 10 years ago after that traumatic divorce? Perhaps it was 5 years ago when I lost the job of my dreams, no it was 4 years ago after that nasty fight with my mother, or when I was diagnosed with cancer last year, or when my kids went off to college.

What happened to those keys that started my ignition, motivated me to pursue my dreams, reved up my heart to take big risks, made me laugh and gave me peace of mind? I know I had them in my hands, then they got lost in life.

Oh, here they are! Exactly where I put them, deep within my heart.  Yes, they are well protected, but I  end up hiding them from my self. From now on, I will look inside my heart first rather than saving it for last. My precious keys! Finally found, ready for action.  Now here's the bigger question, were the hell am I going?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda,

    Love this! The analogy between losing your physical keys and the "higher" set of keys to life really works!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete